Rhodes island has a vast array of varied accommodation to suit every pocket and every taste. Trip Advisor is just about the most reliable pointer to where the best accommodation is; generally people are being honest about their experiences and the reviews are often reliable. Overall, we must make our own minds up in that maybe some reviews are just a little bit too negative or too positive? Weighing up the pros and cons and making an informed decision about what hotel might be best for you, is a decision only you can make.
All areas and resorts on Rhodes are pretty well catered for with a range of rooms from the cheapest, basic places to some of Greece's most luxurious offerings with fabulous sea views.
Remember that star ratings are not always a dead cert when choosing a hotel, for example, and prices can vary wildly with no apparent rhyme or reason for charges made.
The following list is not exhaustive and may have missed out some gems - if you know of any let us know and we will feature it here.
Accommodation, to be ideal, should represent good value, total cleanliness and good customer service across the board.
Finally, hotel owners and policies can change, as can chefs, managers and staff, and so however well we make our choices, it can never be guaranteed we will secure the nirvana of hotel experiences. Personally, although we must always politely demand good service at all times (got to keep them on their toes!), it is a much better idea to look upon any holiday as a bit of an adventure; sometimes rocky, uncomfortable and disappointing, but overall an exhilarating, life-affirming adventure that is a patchwork of memorable experiences, wonderful vistas and above all, something that blew all those cobwebs from out of our heads!
KMWarwick September 2013
Featured Recommended Accommodation
If you do choose a hotel from this list, please mention that you have seen it advertised on this website - Many Thanks! KMW
Trip Advisor Listed Hotels
is friends with a reviewer of Spirit of the Knights Boutique Hotel
In the heart of new Rhodes Town
↓Click on the picture link below for further details↓
An airy Italian Mansion with clean rooms and a nice friendly atmosphere and a romantic little outside area for relaxing times.
The Hotel Panorama at Gennadi is highly recommended if you seek a hotel where you can chill out.
Gennadi is on the lower southern area of Rhodes, facing Africa, and subject to the northerly Sirocco wind. The village resort itself is a stress busting place of peace and serenity with pretty pink villas, virgin beaches, hotels, and beach bars. It’s perfect for Hellenophiles as this area tends to be popular with Greeks and offers an excellent opportunity to get away from it all – yet has good established road connections.
Gennadi beach is one of the cleanest in Rhodes, and stretches for miles along the coastline, parts of which are blissfully quiet and undeveloped. On the main area of the beach there are sun beds for hire, water sports facilities and traditional tavernas. Gennadi is truly a place where you can really relax and chill out in beautiful surroundings.
A few more good ones, many small friendly places:
- Anastasia Apartments - Information on rental apartments located at Stegna beach.
- Angela Suites - Facilities, offers and online booking of these 35 two-room self-catered apartments and one suite, located in Rhodes town.
- Artemis Studios - Facilities, prices and contact information of these rooms to let in Koskinou.
- Clive and Liz's Traditional House - View photos, learn about the village, and find rental information for this small house in Lahania.
- Colonial Apartments - Facilities and pictures of these apartments located at Faliraki beach.
- Debbie's Apartments - Located in the resort of Theologos. Information about the resort and the island is also provided.
- Dennis Beach Studios - Facilities, rates and contact details for these apartments located at Gennadi beach, Rhodes.
- Effie's Dreams Studios - Find descriptions of rooms and amenities for these apartments located in Gennadi.
- Faliraki Apartments - Information about the island, accommodations for rent, and special offers.
- Frank Sperling Rentals - View photos or find prices for a variety of houses and villas available for holiday rental.
- House of Wonders - Offers details on villas, apartments, and houses available for holiday rental; includes photos, floor plans, and prices.
- Kathara Bay Apartments - Details on apartments and studios in Faliraki, 40 meters from the beach.
- Kirania Studios - Facilities and contact details for these apartments located in Kiotari area.
- Manolia - Offers details on a house and a flat available for vacation rental.
- Maria Christina - Includes photos, maps, details on amenities, and prices for these units in Faliraki.
- Melenos Apartments - Fully equipped units in the ancient village of Lindos; includes photos, area attractions, and reservations.
- Messovouna Villa - Facilities and contact information for this villa close to the village of Archipolis.
- Nephele Apartments - Offers information on these apartments located in Faliraki; includes profile, facilities, rates and reservation form.
- Panorama Villa - Facilities, prices, information about the environment and contact for this villa located in Pefkos.
- PD Holidays - Find photos, rates, and rental terms for this new, air conditioned two bedroom apartment in Ialyssos.
- Rena Villa - Includes photos, rates, and details on this luxurious house overlooking the sea in Afandou.
- Rhodes-Direct - Offering information on self-catering apartments in village of Afandou.
- Salora Studios - Facilities, prices and online reservation of these C' class studios and apartments located near Stegna Beach.
- Scala Apartments - Apartments and studios in the beautiful island of Rhodes in Greece. Site gives information about facilities and the island.
- Soultana Studios - Includes a photo and contact information for these units in Lindos.
- Stavros Melathron Studios - Facilities, rates and contact details for these studios located in Kallithea.
- Steve Apartments - Offers information on apartment rental in Rhodes New Town.
- Three Brothers Studios - Facilities, gallery and contact information of these studios located in Lindos.
- Villa Agelina - Find out about a house for holiday rental with gardens and patio areas in Afandou village.
- Villa Jenny - Facilities, rates and pictures of this villa located in the resort of Vlycha, 1 km away from the beach and within reach of the town of Lindos.
- Villa Socrates - Offers information on this villa located close to Gennadi; includes profile, facilities, gallery and contact details.
The pictured hotels are strongly recommended, generally cosmopolitan, and for positive reference purposes, gay-friendly although with a mixed clientèle and family friendly: